LOTUS ENGINEERING SOFTWARE (LESOFT)
Computer simulation is a key part of the automotive development process. Lotus Engineering Software has been developed by automotive engineers, using them on many powertrain and vehicle projects at Lotus over the past 20 years.
The philosophy under-pinning Lotus Engineering Software is to offer simulation tools which enable the user to generate models very quickly, using a mixture of embedded design criteria and well-structured interface functionality.
To purchase any of our products or for further information contact us by email. email@example.com
To purchase any of the software below or for further information contact us by email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Lotus Suspension Analysis (SHARK)
A market leading application for suspension modelling and design from the world-leaders in vehicle ride and handling; the Lotus Suspension Analysis SHARK module is a suspension geometric and kinematic modelling tool, with a user- friendly interface which makes it easy to apply changes to proposed geometry and instantaneously assess their impact through graphical results.
Lotus Suspension Analysis (RAVEN)
A market leading application for suspension modelling and design from the world-leaders in vehicle ride and handling; the Lotus Suspension Analysis RAVEN module uses a comprehensive non-linear vehicle model, derived from the kinematic and compliant wheel motion characteristics of a vehicle's suspension.
Lotus Engine Simulation (LES)
An easy-to-use engine cycle simulation tool, developed for Lotus' own engine research and development department.
The tool has been developed from our extensive experience of applying performance simulation to engine design projects. The tool can be used to simulate the performance of two and four stroke, gasoline and diesel, naturally aspirated or supercharged and turbocharged engines.
Lotus engine simulation models the gas dynamics in the engine manifolds and enables the complex operating modes used in modern engines to be simulated.
Lotus Vehicle Simulation (LVS)
This comprehensive package of Performance Prediction software can accurately predict the performance of a modelled vehicle.
Lotus vehicle simulation employs a user friendly interface to enable quick comparisons of the impact of variations in a vehicle's specification. Data for regularly used components can be stored for repeat use with a system that is designed to predict the performance, emissions, fuel consumption and even lap time of a modelled vehicle over single or multiple runs.
Lotus Concept Valve Train (LCVT)
A cam profiling application that comprehensively encompasses all aspects of valve train design; LCVT models all aspects including contact stress, float speed, radius of curvature and valve to piston interference to enable the design and development of a camshaft profile. The simplified dynamic analysis module also allows detailed dynamic behaviour to be investigated.
Lotus Concept Crank Train (LCCT)
A simulation environment for the design and analysis of the crankshaft and associated base engine components; LCCT couples classical analysis techniques with an intuitive drag and drop interface to provide rapid model building and solution. Analysis results cover: engine balance torsional vibration bearing loads oil film analysis fatigue reserve factors.
Additional base engine components covered include connecting rod, piston pin and critical fasteners.
A range of licensing options is available, including Annual Renewable or Perpetual Licences. For users who require only occasional use of simulation tools, shorter term licence options are also available.
All commercial licences come with full on-line help documentation, tutorials and customer support. Please contact Software Support for a quotation. Multi-product and user discounts apply.
Licenses are available for use within an academic environment for the purpose of research or teaching. Whilst under academic licensing a single seat of one product is offered free of charge, an academic license fee is payable for multiple seats and/or products. Use of the software for consultancy purposes or any off-site use requires prior approval by Lotus.
Support of the software will be controlled on an hourly basis up to a maximum cumulative total. All support should be directed through a nominated member of staff at the educational establishment and will be restricted to telephone / email interaction.
The educational establishment will be entitled to updates at the discretion of Lotus, and the agreement will be reviewed annually. Additional information regarding the use and maintenance of the code is detailed in the Educational Software Licence Agreement.
Lotus reserves the right to control the use of its name with respect to any project in which the software has been employed.
For further information contact us by email. email@example.com
If you have any problems or questions regarding Lotus Engineering Software that the software help files cannot answer, please feel free to contact our team of developers.
For further information contact us by email. firstname.lastname@example.org
A series of 'getting started' documents are available. Each one takes the user through a particular software product or task, in a series of structured tutorials. Detailed screen shots and the required user inputs provide an ideal introduction to the features of the products.
The 'Getting Started' documents are included as part of the individual product install files, but can be direclty downloaded here through the links below;
Lotus Vehicle Simulation, Lotus Suspension Analysis - Shark, Lotus Suspension Analysis - Raven, Lotus Concept Cranktrain, Lotus Engine Simulation and Lotus Concept Valvetrain programs are protected by a Flexlm licencing system that requires a valid license file to run. (Note that at this release the license file has changed version. Existing users with a valid license file running earlier versions who are looking to upgrade to any of the updates below, will need a new license file).
For further information on sales and support contact us by email. email@example.com
- Lotus Suspension Analysis (Shark) v6.01b
- Lotus Suspension Analysis (Raven) v6.01a
- Lotus Engine Simulation v6.01a
- Lotus Vehicle Simulation v4.01a
- Lotus Concept ValveTrain v3.01b
- Lotus Concept CrankTrain v5.01a
A freeware single cylinder version of Lotus Engine Simulation is also available to download here , with associated documentation (updated Jan 2016).
The freeware version of Lotus Engine Simulation is a single cylinder version with up to three sensors and actuators. No licence files are required to run this version of the product, which has been tested on most popular versions of Windows. As this version of the software is offered as freeware Lotus Engineering will not guarantee that they are able to respond to users support enquiries.
SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTES
Lotus Suspension Analysis
- 18th Jan 2018 Lotus Suspension Analysis v6.01b
- 14th Nov 2017 Lotus Suspension Analysis v6.01a (changed license file)
- 1st Oct 2017 Lotus Suspension Analysis v5.04i
- 24th Feb 2017 Lotus Suspension Analysis v5.04h
- 1st Feb 2017 Lotus Suspension Analysis v5.04g
- 21th Jul 2016 Lotus Suspension Analysis v5.04f
- 25th Nov 2015 Lotus Suspension Analysis v5.04e
- 20th Oct 2015 Lotus Suspension Analysis v5.04d
- 27th Aug 2015 Lotus Suspension Analysis v5.04c
- 8th May 2015 Lotus Suspension Analysis v5.04b
Lotus Engine Simulation
- 14th Nov 2017 Lotus Engine Simulation v6.01a (changed license file)
- 6th Feb 2017 Lotus Engine Simulation v5.07h
- 27th Aug 2015 Lotus Engine Simulation v5.07g
- 6th Jan 2015 Lotus Engine Simulation v5.07f
- 1st Oct 2013 Lotus Engine Simulation v5.07d
Lotus Vehicle Simulation
- 14th Nov 2017 Lotus Vehicle Simulation v4.01a (changed license file)
- 22nd Mar 2017 Lotus Vehicle Simulation v3.12i
- 6th Jan 2015 Lotus Vehicle Simulation v3.12g
- 1st Oct 2013 Lotus Vehicle Simulation v3.12e
Lotus Concept Valve Train
- 21st Feb 2018 Lotus Concept Valve Train v3.01b
- 14th Nov 2017 Lotus Concept Valve Train v3.01a (changed license file)
- 23rd Oct 2017 Lotus Concept Valve Train v2.07d
- 23rd Mar 2017 Lotus Concept Valve Train v2.07c
- 5th Feb 2017 Lotus Concept Valve Train v2.07b
- 7th Mar 2016 Lotus Concept Valve Train v2.07a
- 12th Jan 2016 Lotus Concept Valve Train v2.06j
- 22th Oct 2015 Lotus Concept Valve Train v2.06i
Lotus Concept Crank Train
- 14th Nov 2017 Lotus Concept Crank Train v5.01a (changed license file)
- 15th Mar 2017 Lotus Concept Crank Train v4.03i
- 27th Aug 2015 Lotus Concept Crank Train v4.03h
- 6th Jan 2015 Lotus Concept Crank Train v4.03g
- 26th Jun 2013 Lotus Concept Crank Train v4.03e